Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt VS Perry tonight (2/15)
A good post presence can make all the difference in the world, on offense and defense. Take last years KCC team. Both Hazard and Knott had good guards, the difference was the post. Even if the big guy wasn’t scoring, Just him being in the game changed the other teams offense. I rarely didn’t see him not double teamed, which in turn, opens up opportunities for other teammates. When you make a a few shots by going inside, that causes the defense to adjust, then you can kick it back out to your shooters. But seems like that’s old school ball anymore, every kid wants to be a guard cause they see 6’8 point guards D1 college. Mix it up, have the post be your biscuits, and come outside every now and again for some gravy and mix it up. A big that can score at will in the post and shoot outside, plus rebound and play defense..now that’s a player. I’d take someone giving me 14pts and 10rbs over someone just giving me 20pts anyday.

(02-13-2022, 09:34 PM)Show-stopper Wrote: Knots young team just can’t find a way to win in the 4th quarter. But was impressed with them most of the game.

A good post presence can make all the difference in the world, on offense and defense. Take last years KCC team. Both Hazard and Knott had good guards, the difference was the post. Even if the big guy wasn’t scoring, Just him being in the game changed the other teams offense. I rarely didn’t see him not double teamed, which in turn, opens up opportunities for other teammates. When you make a a few shots by going inside, that causes the defense to adjust, then you can kick it back out to your shooters. But seems like that’s old school ball anymore, every kid wants to be a guard cause they see 6’8 point guards D1 college. Mix it up, have the post be your biscuits, and come outside every now and again for some gravy and mix it up. A big that can score at will in the post and shoot outside, plus rebound and play defense..now that’s a player. I’d take someone giving me 14pts and 10rbs over someone just giving me 20pts anyday.
Messages In This Thread
Breathitt VS Perry tonight (2/15) - by catsrule - 02-15-2022, 12:07 PM
RE: Breathitt VS Perry tonight (2/15) - by roundballer - 02-18-2022, 06:54 PM