Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt VS Perry tonight (2/15)
(02-16-2022, 08:50 AM)I’m Cat Daddy Wrote: I for one, have raved about Breathitt's talent all year, but with that being said, talent can only take you so far! I don't understand why Collins isn't playing more down on the block. He is the most athletic, skilled big man in the region. He has the ability to score over anyone in this region, if he is utilized correctly. Also, you can't expect to beat good teams turning the ball over twenty times a game. I think Breathitt has an excellent shot at Perry in the regionals, especially with it being at Breathitt, but they are going to have to play one of their better games to beat Perry.

(02-17-2022, 12:46 PM)bobkitty Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 12:23 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Breathitt didn’t beat Perry at Perry, they won’t beat them at The coliseum either. They couldn’t beat them on a dirt court in the back yard. Breathitt just isn’t as good as people think. Just because you can do a 360 between the legs dunk doesn’t mean your a good basketball player. The bobcats can’t play defense without fouling, they like to reach and slap at the ball without moving their feet. I honestly don’t know if this team is coachable. I agree with the above poster, I’ve always said Collins needs to be on the block and the offense needs to go thru him. If Collins refuses to play on the block I’d let him sit by me. Hoskins is not 6’6” folks. He’s maybe 6”3 with shoes on. I’ve noticed Hoskins will bully players he’s bigger than but when he meets a player like McKenzie he’s non existent. Turner just don’t have the drive. I think he was better his freshmen year. His freshmen year I said to myself he could play d-1 if he continues to get better. Now I don’t think he can play for Alice Lloyd. Sperrys out of control and easily mentally frustrated. Bellamy can shoot but that’s about it. With that being said, PCC will be in Lexington come march. One and done tho facing GRC.
It is the coaches fault that Collins is not on the block. When they do post up, the guards never hit the big men on the blocks. Hoskins is around 6'4-6'5. Turner is probably the most athletic person in the region, however he does not like playing basketball. Sperry is going to win Breathitt games or he is going to lose them games. Too many people hype him up, because he plays AAU and pays for those rankings they give him. This team is uncoachable. They do not want to play together. They just want to play for themselves not for each other.
It falls on the coach to make them coachable.  I’d like to see him get in their face one time and chew them out for the ridiculous play.  No consequences it seems. Nobles overall record at bhs tells me it’s not the kids on this years team that are uncoachable.  This is actually his best year there record wise. But it doesn’t take Adolph Rupp to see that this team is severely underachieving.   That’s on the coach.  It’s not that Turner doesn’t like basketball, its just that he’s not played anywhere close to his potential.  I convinced it’s a mental thing, confidence thing.  That’s on the coach too.  I think he needs the ball in his hands more.   At this point Noble should just turn the game into 32 minutes of hell, similar to Nolan Richardson.  This team is not made to grind it out possession by possession.  For example, the Lyon County game.   They were down 12 with 3 minutes lest.  He sold out with the press and with just under two minutes left they were ahead.
Messages In This Thread
Breathitt VS Perry tonight (2/15) - by catsrule - 02-15-2022, 12:07 PM
RE: Breathitt VS Perry tonight (2/15) - by wannacat - 02-17-2022, 01:00 PM