Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 67 Betsy Layne 55 (15th Region All “A” Championship)
Both of these teams have more talent than anyone in the region.  Pikeville has a lot more depth.  Betsy Layne does a good job of staying out of foul trouble.  I can't believe more teams do not attack the basket and push the tempo on them.  The real question is what happened to all of Betsy Layne's bench? Their top 5 is as good as any in the region but to win it all you have to have guys that can come in and play meaningful minutes and not just give a breather to the starters. Pente showed that he could help and I thought that he did a pretty good job. I think Betsy Layne is really missing guys like Rainey, Tackett, Hopkins and their are more also that were good young talent thats not playing anymore.  You could take the7-8 guys that used to play and beat some of the teams in the region.  What happened to all the Stumbo boys? Those were some really good young players.  Even the Williams boy that is a football stud looked really good a few years ago. They are in desperate need of guys like that. Jut my opinion
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pikeville 67 Betsy Layne 55 (15th Region All “A” Championship) - by TheRoadWarrior - 01-17-2022, 02:16 PM