Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Females Singers : The 1960's
I thought I would just do these by the decade, rather than lump them all together.  For those who remember way back to the sixties(I was born in that decade), who do you think were some of the best female popular music or rock singers from that era ? Obviously, I was just a young child for much of that decade but I can still remember hearing a lot of the music that my mom and dad played around the house. Plus, as I got older, I enjoyed taking a look back at the music from the decade of my early life. 

There were some terrific female voices from the sixties . I'll start with a Brit who had an amazing vocal instrument.

Here's the "Queen of White Soul," Dusty Springfield (No kin to Rick) with   "Son of a Preacher Man"  from Ed Sullivan.   What an incredible performance.  Soulful, velvety voice.  And what a hairdo !!!!!   You'd think she was from Memphis instead of London.  Elton John once went so far to say that Dusty was possibly the greatest white singer ever.

Granny, did you ever sport a bouffant/ beehive like Miss Dusty?

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Females Singers : The 1960's - by Old School Hound - 12-14-2021, 12:09 AM