Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A State Championship: Belfry vs. Paducah Tilghman
(12-04-2021, 01:19 AM)truebluefan89 Wrote: Well I will throw my .02 in because thats all its worth-
There are several on both sides talking about some part of the game they feel is a superior edge-
Belfry and Paducah are separated by 418 miles so I seriously doubt anyone's ability to have a sharp assessment of what the other has to offer.
Both teams started slow, but have put in the work to get a shot at being the undisputed #1.
Belfry has a long record of a powerful running game and one of the greatest coaches in the state, he may be "old school" but he has proven his methods can work time and time again.
On the contrast PT comes in with yet another brand new coach and staff with a very young team that loves to mix it up with a balanced attack. PT is always a threat with their team speed and deep threats, as many have said they only need one good step to turn it into a track meet, but I'm sure Belfry doesn't plan on giving them that step.
Glasgow, and Central are not playing for the 3A title, PT and Belfry are, so I'm not sure either of those examples hold much water because both teams have came a long way.
Which style will win tomorrow? Both hold their merits, but it will come down to who executes their plan the best, limits turnovers, and eliminates mistakes.
Of course someone will pick the outcome prior to the game and claim they are a genius and they knew all along, but considering how both of these teams started as compared to how they finished, I seriously doubt anyone was following both programs close and saw this coming in September.
I just hope for another great game and a champ will be crowned tomorrow. Congrats to both for the incredible strides they made.

PT 33 Belfry 28
I give you credit on the score prediction.  There was as you say a track meet.  Good thing for Belfry is that Isaac Dixon won most of the events!
Messages In This Thread
RE: 3A State Championship: Belfry vs. Paducah Tilghman - by bucslover68 - 12-06-2021, 06:12 AM