Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A State Championship: Belfry vs. Paducah Tilghman
(12-02-2021, 10:16 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 09:36 AM)Gtownfan Wrote: My point wasn’t that Glasgow would have won based on injuries my point was that Glasgow had a really good season and I would have liked to have played with a healthy team as does everyone. I just didn’t think that saying Glasgow wasn’t any good was wrong. I do think PT with their speed is something Belfry hasn’t seen this yr from running backs, wide receivers, all the way down to the lineman. Belfry may win, Dixon is one of the best players in the state and I think it will be a good game but Belfry is one dimensional and PT is more balanced. Hopefully it will be a great game

Alright... your first post was a bad take. Then you try to correct yourself and make it a horrible take.

For the Bolded....
Belfry played Louisville Central this year.

Having watched both teams on video, Tilghman... who has very good team speed and more than enough team speed to hurt Belfry... is not in the overall class of team speed Central has across both sides of the football.

Point being, Belfry needs to respect that Tilghman has a team speed advantage, but there is nothing about what they bring that Belfry hasn't already experienced from Central. 

Also can we just stop with the "Belfry is too one dimensional" narrative?

Belfry has been to now the 9th State Championship games in the past 12 years in 3A, they have already won five state titles, and you know how many passes they have completed in those five wins?

They are 2/7 passing for 9 total yards.

Five State Titles, two pass completions, 9 yards.

Being one dimensional is not a bad thing if you are being successful doing so. Also worth mentioning, two of those State Titles were against Central teams who had more balanced offenses and that massive team speed advantage. All five Championships were against teams with substantially more balanced offenses than  Belfry on paper.

This isn't just some jackleg program from EKY making their first appearance in the State Finals. You are talking about one of the top 5 most successful programs in Kentucky over the past 10-15 years and they have been doing the same thing over the entire span of that time.

There is no issue in thinking the team who beat your team will win. Tilghman may blow Belfry out for all we know. With that said, it sells everyone short to chalk up the reason as being Belfry is too one dimensional.
I like this version of EKUAlum05
Messages In This Thread
RE: 3A State Championship: Belfry vs. Paducah Tilghman - by BlackcatAlum - 12-02-2021, 11:29 PM