Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A State Championship: Belfry vs. Paducah Tilghman
(12-02-2021, 11:35 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Interesting information I heard today, Central who owned Belfry, elected to play up into 4a? They may have ran table in 3a this year.. I thought they just were realigned into 4a.... Belfry had no answer for the speed of Central in an early game.
They did choose to play up for this alignment's entirety.

Central did elect to play up prior to the alignment. They were reclassified to 4A prior to this latest 2019-222 alignment and have been in it the past three seasons and will have to be in it next season as well. Central is a weird bird in terms of enrollment. You can't choose each year whether you want to play up or not, you have to ride a full realignment cycle out once you decide to play up. They are a magnet school and have a a much heavier female to male student population. 

With that said, 3A definitely has been weak the past couple years and Central probably would have added hardware a couple times if they were still a 3A team. I would have definitely expected them to win this year and last year and probably would have went toe to toe with Belfry in 2019 as well who proved to be the clear top dog that season.

FYI, here is the memo where it showed they were choosing to  play up during this alignment:
https://khsaa.org/football/realignment/2...ponses.pdf

I wonder if they wish they had done it differently in hindsight?
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • FCSPY
Messages In This Thread
RE: 3A State Championship: Belfry vs. Paducah Tilghman - by EKUAlum05 - 12-02-2021, 11:53 AM