Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A State Championship: Belfry vs. Paducah Tilghman
(11-29-2021, 08:04 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 04:39 PM)Tica Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 10:47 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: I don’t care who Glasgow’s RB is or how big he is. There is no comparison in 3A to Dixon.

With the emergence of Young and Hatfield, it only makes Dixon that much more lethal.

If we want to talk stats it is best to get the complete picture comparing a back to Dixon. For example the back from Glasgow not only has fewer yards, it took him nearly 50 more carries to get to that point. Dixon also did it in two less games against a superior schedule.

This doesn’t even take into account that Dixon also played QB for two games and basically only played half of those games due to cramps.

Tilghman may very well shut him down.  I haven’t studied them too closely but anticipate I will see a ton of team speed and sideline to sideline pursuit. With that said, Dixon has seen some crazy talented defenses over his career at Belfry and fared well.

At the end of the day:
1. Who wins the LOS?
2. Who plays clean football and limits mistakes?
3. Who performs better on 3rd Down?

Whoever wins those questions above wins this game.
The KHSAA does not put asterisks or explanations on stats. It is what it is. Otherwise - every player or coach would then have explanations as to why their stats were lower than they could or should have been. That's what boards like this are for-to support your favorite players and teams. I'm sure Dixon and the other rb's are as good as you say. They will soon have a public opportunity to prove it.
What’s a “public opportunity”?   You lost me there..

I have to agree with EKU on the keys to the game.....turnovers, penalties and controlling the LOS.  All three will be huge components to determining the outcome.  With both teams having 6 losses....this is a hard game to get a good read on.  IMO, after watching some film, both teams have their strengths and weaknesses.    Belfry can’t afford to play behind the chains.  Tilghman’s balanced attack will definitely put pressure on The Pirate defense.     Gonna be interesting.

(11-29-2021, 02:33 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 01:04 AM)Tica Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:48 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 06:46 PM)Tica Wrote: I haven't seen a recent roster but I would assume Belfry outsizes PT at about every position. I'm not perfect either and I did not mean to imply that. I have typos too. Its just a name that is often spelled differently than it's pronunciation. I also grew up with an English teacher mom. Both teams have faced an improbable route to get to the finals. Two very different teams and styles of play.

I don't blame you on the pronunciation. I hate when the county I live in is called Whitely County.

Doug- What are you going to do this week with no Mayfield fans to get riled up?
Belfry fans are easy to get riled. they probably already have steam coming out their noses. lol
I actually think its just the normal snot  Smile  It is cold and flu season.  Heart
A "public opportunity" is a football game scheduled for Saturday.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 3A State Championship: Belfry vs. Paducah Tilghman - by Tica - 11-30-2021, 10:48 AM