Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-18-2021, 10:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I was told by more than 1 Johnson Central fan that after the Corbin game, Dylan Preston was not 100% because of some of the hits he had taken in the game against Corbin. That played a big factor in the next weeks game against Franklin County in my opinion. Corbin didn't win the game no doubt, but we had some stops in that game. Johnson Central has to punt I remember.  The problem I saw was the edge containment. If Corbin doesnt stop that edge then the same thing will happen this year for our defense, we will get gashed. No team will completely shut down Johnson Central, Franklin County didn't and Corbin won't, neither did Rock Creek earlier in the year. What a team can do is counter Johnson Central with good offense. Corbin has that and then some. I think the tide changes putting the pressure on the Johnson Central defense to execute like they did last year and hold Corbins offense to 34 yards rushing and 144 yards passing again. Rushing yardage for Corbin is the key. We establish the run, we can pass. We do that, I believe we can win.

(11-18-2021, 10:03 AM)FCSPY Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 04:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 04:45 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Last years game not as close as score indicated.. JC was very sound on them.. This year I think its a truly close game.
Yea I’m sorry. But that’s just not true. Please explain?
It was 21-0 for a large part of the game. then they traded scores... JC had less than a two score lead. I watched every play. This is just my opinion.

Let me correct you. It was 14-0 at halftime. 3 seconds left in the 3rd quarter JC scored after a punt fest for both teams in the 3rd quarter and they went up 21-0. Corbin scored in the 4th quarter about a 1 minute later on a pass play and then traded scores again making it a final 28-14. So no, it was a 14 point game for 3 quarters all but 3 seconds. I appreciate all the smack you are throwing our way. You think we may have earned a little respect by now...........

HAHA, ok... we are talking about last year. Your team kicked my teams butt this year, and I have all kinds of respect. But the game was not close vs JC...LAST YEAR! This year I think you're the better team.. But I think JC is a tough out due to the emotion they will play with!

(11-18-2021, 10:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I was told by more than 1 Johnson Central fan that after the Corbin game, Dylan Preston was not 100% because of some of the hits he had taken in the game against Corbin. That played a big factor in the next weeks game against Franklin County in my opinion. Corbin didn't win the game no doubt, but we had some stops in that game. Johnson Central has to punt I remember.  The problem I saw was the edge containment. If Corbin doesnt stop that edge then the same thing will happen this year for our defense, we will get gashed. No team will completely shut down Johnson Central, Franklin County didn't and Corbin won't, neither did Rock Creek earlier in the year. What a team can do is counter Johnson Central with good offense. Corbin has that and then some. I think the tide changes putting the pressure on the Johnson Central defense to execute like they did last year and hold Corbins offense to 34 yards rushing and 144 yards passing again. Rushing yardage for Corbin is the key. We establish the run, we can pass. We do that, I believe we can win.

(11-18-2021, 10:03 AM)FCSPY Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 04:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 04:45 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Last years game not as close as score indicated.. JC was very sound on them.. This year I think its a truly close game.
Yea I’m sorry. But that’s just not true. Please explain?
It was 21-0 for a large part of the game. then they traded scores... JC had less than a two score lead. I watched every play. This is just my opinion.

Let me correct you. It was 14-0 at halftime. 3 seconds left in the 3rd quarter JC scored after a punt fest for both teams in the 3rd quarter and they went up 21-0. Corbin scored in the 4th quarter about a 1 minute later on a pass play and then traded scores again making it a final 28-14. So no, it was a 14 point game for 3 quarters all but 3 seconds. I appreciate all the smack you are throwing our way. You think we may have earned a little respect by now...........

FC was not 100% either had two kids playing with dislocated shoulders and one of their best dlineman with a severe leg injury. But one thing I do know about last year.. IT DONT MATTER!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs - by FCSPY - 11-18-2021, 11:05 AM