Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-18-2021, 01:50 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 01:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I know JC likes to ground and pound .  Are they pretty much one-dimensional or do they have a viable passing attack?
Maybe one of their fans can give us an honest opinion of it. But from what I’ve watched, they aren’t gonna win many games passing. Most of what I seen are pretty basic routes to a split end, or a play action pass to the TE. Someone on here said earlier that their pass game was underrated, but I just don’t see it.  Does seem like they have a high % of completions though. Possibly resulting from everyone biting on the run. Rice seems pretty accurate at what they do. I just don’t see him having the same percentages running even an 80/20 run to pass, or a more complex passing game. I made a post about Rice in their last games thread and I’ll say it again, he’s a very underrated QB. Does an amazing job running thay offense. And doesn’t make many mistakes.
I said that JC's passing game is underrated. Rice has a strong, accurate arm but does not pass often and a high percentage of his completions have gone for touchdowns (33 percent over his two years as the starting QB). Rice also ran for 110 yards against Corbin last season. Johnson Central will not pass often unless Corbin shows that it can stop its running game. Rice completed his only pass attempt in last year's game for 11 yards but the Golden Eagles rushed for 384 yards. Corbin had zero defensive sacks and zero tackles for losses in last year's game.

I had expected Johnson Central to pass more this season after Franklin County did such a good job containing their running game in last year's playoff loss. The early loss of Mason Lawson for the season may have been partially responsible for JC throwing less often this season than last. I think that the coaching staff may have wanted to give JC's top four remaining running backs as much experience as possible and with the pandemic, they could not count on playing a full slate of games.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs - by Hoot Gibson - 11-18-2021, 02:44 AM