Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-17-2021, 12:25 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 12:21 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:07 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: And I am just ruffling Running Wild's feathers. Smile 

I will say this to those, including Running Wild, who say that Corbin has too many athletes for Johnson Central to match up with - my opinion of athletes must not be the same as yours. IMO, outstanding wrestlers are outstanding athletes because there are few sports that require the agility, strength, endurance, and quickness that wrestling does. Johnson Central's football roster is loaded with wrestlers who are considered legitimate contenders for individual state wrestling titles. 

I was a member of Johnson Central's first wrestling team and I can tell you from first-hand experience that if you are matched against a superior athlete, the six minutes of a wrestling match are the longest six minutes in sports. If you have ever spent two minutes on a wrestling mat bridging to avoid getting pinned, then you have probably experienced the longest two minutes in sports.

I believe that those who assume that Corbin has a big edge in athleticism are underestimating next week's opponent. There is more to athleticism than raw speed, although raw speed is definitely an important component of what it means to be an athlete. Wrestling, weight lifting, and physical conditioning have formed the foundation of Johnson Central's football program since Jim Matney arrived at the school, and hopefully, his legacy will continue in both sports in the future.

I think what Matney has done is hard to put into words. But the hearts of many from years to come will be thankful for what he has built there. I can appreciate it as a fan of the game. I shed my fair share of tears..... I got a big heart and it still bothers me. The Corbin faithful I talk to knows how good Johnson Central is and by no means are we underestimating them. We surely have not forgotten the game just a year ago.... I wouldn't underestimate Corbins athleticism either, just because we don't have a wrestling team, but I'm hearing its coming, doesnt mean we couldnt compete. We got some dudes that I would put up against anyone.
I'm not trying to make the case that Johnson Central has a more athletic team than Corbin and I haven't read posts by any JC fan making that argument. I'm also not sure if any of the posters who have claimed that Corbin has too many athletes for Johnson Central to compete with are actually Corbin fans. I just wanted to point out what should be obvious and that is that JC is a very athletic team. For some reason, every year there are a few people who make the same claim about the alleged lack of athleticism of the Golden Eagles' players.

I hope that the Redhounds' fans, players, and coaching staff believe that Corbin is a three-touchdown favorite Friday night. It would also be helpful if the Corbin principal, superintendent, and/or mayor would publically disparage Johnson Countians' math skills before the game.  Smile
Coming from true Corbin fans, I assure you our team , coaches and hell even the mayor isn’t overlooking JC. This is a heavy weight bout  Shame this isn’t a state championship game.

What about the staff at King Buffett off exit 25?

(11-17-2021, 01:14 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:25 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: This game could be the best game in the mountains Friday night, if you consider Corbin in the mountains. I’d love to be at this game. Good luck to both teams but pulling hard for the Golden Eagles. Would love to see them make this is a special season due to the circumstances. But Corbin may be too much this year, but hey I bet Johnson Central will show up Friday night ready to throw down.

Corbin is definitely in the mountains more than Paintsville is in the mountains.

This is your worst take yet  Huh

I stated facts. if I kept getting dumber with each comment like you do I'd remain silent to appear smarter.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs - by pjdoug - 11-17-2021, 03:23 PM