Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawood vs Hilton vs Holcomb vs Howard
(11-17-2021, 01:42 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 12:06 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: haywood the goat larry french needs to be mentioned imo bc he has done it rebuilding teams hilton bounces around to the best team at that time to coach to get the most wins

Seems like Bell and Bourbon were both bad when Hilton took over.
I know Bourbon was awful when he took over. He brought a state tile there in no time in1997 Before all this he was really instrumental in building Breathitt Co up from nothing when their program was just getting  started in the mid 70s.

Just think where his win totals would be if he had stayed at Bell Co I steak of leaving for Bourbon. He had Bell rolling in the mid 90s.

(11-17-2021, 10:04 AM)wolfcat Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 01:42 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 12:06 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: haywood the goat larry french needs to be mentioned imo bc he has done it rebuilding teams hilton bounces around to the best team at that time to coach to get the most wins

Seems like Bell and Bourbon were both bad when Hilton took over.
I know Bourbon was awful when he took over. He brought a state tile there in no time in1997 Before all this he was really instrumental in building Breathitt Co up from nothing when their program was just getting  started in the mid 70s.

Just think where his win totals would be if he had stayed at Bell Co instead of leaving for Bourbon. He had Bell rolling in the mid 90s. Also when he left for UPike  he was coming off a state title just a year or two before.

If he stayed at Bell from 1983 (the year he left Breathitt for Bell) until now he would be way ahead of Haywood or anyone else. He could possibly even be over 500 wins. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hawood vs Hilton vs Holcomb vs Howard - by wolfcat - 11-17-2021, 10:04 AM