Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-16-2021, 09:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 07:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 07:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 04:55 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Corbin 35
Johnson 21

Johnson Central’s defense just isn’t at the same level it has been in previous seasons and they will have a tough time covering Corbins athletes. This JC team is great compared to most but just not the same caliber of team that they have had in last 4 or 5 seasons.
That is an interesting analysis. By my math, and I am one of the few Johnson Countians who can count to 100 - by your estimation, Johnson Central's defense is 7 points better than the 6-7 Lincoln County team that gave up 84 points to Corbin in two games and Johnson Central's offense is equal to Lincoln County's offense. Lincoln County must have played a killer schedule to have lost so many games.
Id say by your math Hoot, He got the score predictin right, you said Johnson Centrals defense is 7 points better than Lincoln so that brings Corbin to 35 points and Johnson Centrals offense is equal to Lincoln and Ill add 7 points. 

Corbin 35
Johnson Central 28 

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Just ruffling your feathers Hoot!
And I am just ruffling Running Wild's feathers. Smile 

I will say this to those, including Running Wild, who say that Corbin has too many athletes for Johnson Central to match up with - my opinion of athletes must not be the same as yours. IMO, outstanding wrestlers are outstanding athletes because there are few sports that require the agility, strength, endurance, and quickness that wrestling does. Johnson Central's football roster is loaded with wrestlers who are considered legitimate contenders for individual state wrestling titles. 

I was a member of Johnson Central's first wrestling team and I can tell you from first-hand experience that if you are matched against a superior athlete, the six minutes of a wrestling match are the longest six minutes in sports. If you have ever spent two minutes on a wrestling mat bridging to avoid getting pinned, then you have probably experienced the longest two minutes in sports.

I believe that those who assume that Corbin has a big edge in athleticism are underestimating next week's opponent. There is more to athleticism than raw speed, although raw speed is definitely an important component of what it means to be an athlete. Wrestling, weight lifting, and physical conditioning have formed the foundation of Johnson Central's football program since Jim Matney arrived at the school, and hopefully, his legacy will continue in both sports in the future.

I agree with you on wrestling. I was happy when my school got wrestling, and wished for them to get a great coach to build the program from the floor up. Having wrestlers on the football field is definitely a big advantage, and without a doubt what has made Johnson Central the power running team they are. They go to war and fight in the trenches until the whistle is blown. I think Corbin has the depth to beat any team, but they'll have to utilize it or the Eagles will make it a long night for them if they can't keep the football.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs - by pjdoug - 11-17-2021, 12:59 AM