Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Job: Head Coach, Magoffin County
(11-14-2021, 08:59 PM)Darth Hater Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 05:12 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 03:32 PM)Darth Hater Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 01:17 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 12:05 PM)Darth Hater Wrote: Mainly based on how the last few years with the Blackcats went. Why act like you don't know what I'm referring to?

No one is acting like anything. Derosett hasn’t been at Pburg since 2017. Pburg still has kids transferring. I’d let my kid play for him in a heartbeat. If these Magoffin kids see his resume, it may open their eyes and get the kids roaming the halls to come out and play, much like what happened at JC when Matney took over.
Well, it's important to remember that Coach Matney became the head coach in 2004 and it wasn't until 2015 when they made their first championship appearance. Its hard for me to believe  that it would take six years for his "resume" to take effect. A much more likely explanation would be consistent work and cooperation from lots of people at many different levels. Prior to 2015 they won one regional championship and lost several. Furthermore, Coach Matneys resume at that point in his career was way more attractive than Coach Derosett's!

I didn’t say anything about state championships. I was referring to Jim being about to get the kids to come out and play as soon as he got there. They went from having low numbers, to very good numbers. That’s where it starts. Gotta get the athletes out of the halls and on to the field. And a State Runner-Up, 2 other State Semi-Final apperences, and 7 more Region Finals appearances, then add in the fact that John was the LB coach at Upike the past 3 years. Sounds like a pretty damn good resume to me. Idk how you get that Matneys resume before that point was better.
Someone of his caliber and track record should be in position for an opportunity a little more established. If Coach Derossett is available/seeking an opportunity what do you think are his chances of being considered for something with a little more potential? Like, let's say, Johnson Central? I mean that is quite the resume. 
I imagine JC will hire inside the program, but ya never know. I do know for a fact that Derosett wants the Magoffin job. If JC were to contact him, maybe he’d change his mind. That would be a great opportunity for him.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Open Job: Head Coach, Magoffin County - by Redneck - 11-14-2021, 09:14 PM