Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4A) Bourbon County @ #1 (1A) Pikeville 8/28 (Cancelled)
(08-27-2021, 04:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 04:25 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 04:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 03:58 PM)Gus McCrae Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 03:42 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Somerset can be added to the list of teams not coming to the PCB.

GRC has been out of the equation for a while.
I'd like to hear some explanations (excuses ) as to why they turned down the PHS offer.
Until I hear a good reason (can't think of any) I'm going with the real reason....avoid beatdown...But also people who are awarded a win due to someone cancelling on them would rather keep that for RPI than take a loss maybe? Regardless, lots of adults ruining another school year and hurting the kids, as expected...

Does anybody even know if actual conversations took place? And if there were, why couldn't Pikeville come to Somerset? This was supposed to be a big gate night for us as well. 

The RPI argument is stupid. This year's version of Somerset is not going to be too concerned about RPI points at the end of the season, I can promise you that. And even if they were, they wouldn't be picking up many from Russell County anyways. Like I said before, this was a tough game to pull off logistically. It's 3+ hours by bus, on a Saturday.

And avoiding a beatdown? If Pikeville were on our schedule, they would probably be at best the 4th best team we played this year. Get over yourselves.
You're the guy who said they were "trying to work it out." And Pikeville's priority is to save the Pike County Bowl, which is 1000x bigger than a road game at Somerset. But I'm anxious to see what better "alternative" Somerset comes up with.

That's what I read on TOS. Sorry dude I'm not a sports journalist, I'm not getting the inside scoop. Maybe ask the guys that are saying it's definitely not happening why that is.

Why is it on Somerset or any team for that matter to make everything happen for you guys though? Two parties negotiated terms and couldn't come to an agreement. That's it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: (4A) Bourbon County @ #1 (1A) Pikeville 8/28 (Cancelled) - by RoShamBo - 08-27-2021, 04:44 PM