Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard names Larry Robinson head coach
(08-13-2021, 07:45 PM)clipperw Wrote: If Holland was planning on coming back since day one, why go through all the motions of having a retirement ceremony and have it covered on WYMT? I know WYMT also covers a lot of college signings but when those season rolls around often times those kids either arent playing for that school, or they've went to another school. Minds can change, I get that.  It just seems like from the moment Holland made the announcement people were saying he was still going to be the head coach at Hazard.

As far as as going from a head coach to an assistant, it has happened before. I think Junior Newsome has done it with 2 of the three coaches who have been at Betsy Layne since he gave up the head coaches job.

It's protocol that has to be followed.
Holland can retire, draw his pension, be rehired by the school on a limited contract and actually take home more pay that way.

But for it to work, you have to legitimately retire and you cannot work for the school system in any capacity for either 90 or 100 days (not for sure).
That means you retire on July 1 and you can't do ANYTHING. Wanna just "volunteer" to do preseason conditioning? Nope. Won't get your retirement that way.

All that said, maybe big Al decides he wants to stay retired and doesn't come back? Maybe here in September/October Rob steps down and Al is hired as the head coach? I'm not gonna go out on a limb here and guarantee it one way or another, but I can tell you the only he can come back to coaching at Hazard is to go through the protocol of retiring and sitting out for 3 months.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hazard names Larry Robinson head coach - by zaga_fan - 08-13-2021, 08:27 PM