Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Manchin to vote against bill federalizing elections, dealing major blow to Democrats
(06-07-2021, 10:43 AM)TheRealThing Wrote: Hoot, Jet,  I didn't realize what a refreshing experience blocking vector could be. It's kind of like a sewer line. You know it's down there in the ground and that's where it needs to stay.

Joe Manchin and Tulsi Gabbard are the only two Democrats with any form of remaining conscience in the entire Congress.
I am sorry to say that I fell off the wagon last night but I'm not expanding any more of his replies today.

I am with you on Gabbard but I am not so sure that Manchin won't capitulate if Democrats put enough goodies on the table. It bothers me that not a single Democrat has voiced concern over the fact that Congress has no jurisdiction over the details of how states run their elections. Obviously, other constitutional rights would come into play if a state banned a certain class of citizens from voting, etc., but Congress has no authority to set rules for absentee ballots, early voting, or requiring a voter ID.

Manchin is right about the Democrats' bill being divisive, but it would be great if he would go on record saying that it is unconstitutional. I would have more confidence that he would not flip-flop if he had made such a statement.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Manchin to vote against bill federalizing elections, dealing major blow to Democrats - by Hoot Gibson - 06-07-2021, 12:16 PM