Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Thread for Progressives/ Libs / Moderates/ Never Trumpers... NO Conservatives Please!
(05-27-2021, 10:41 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Cardsfan and vector, I appreciate you sharing that.   CF, we are all to be excused for one bad vote...LOL . My dad voted for Nixon in '60. He regrets it to this day. There was a large scare campaign initiated by Republicans(yes, they were using fear even six decades ago) using the anti-Catholic bias that existed at the time.  Dad said they were scaring voters into thinking if JFK was elected, he would be answering to the pope.  Republicans  always use fear as a tactical recruiting tool. It's a shame but  they really do play off of people's fears and prejudices to sucker in vulnerable people. Fortunately, after I was born in '62, dad returned to his senses and has voted Democratic ever since.

Let me ask you this--- what do you think is the future of the GOP?   Trump has obviously damaged the party to where it probably can't win another general election for a pretty long time. Can it be brought back to some degree of normalcy? I mean, right now the party is being led by a maniac who attempted to overthrow the government. And this extremist element of the party supported his attempts to do so. A lot of the moderates have either left the party or denounced its current incarnation.  

Can people like Kinsinger, Romney,  Cheney, and other principled conservatives and moderates wrestle control away from a maniacal, nefarious, monster.  Personally, I want to see a vibrant and sane two-party system, one that respects the principles of democracy. I want to be able to have a honest debate of issues with Republicans again.  But how do you debate a faction that denies that a violent insurrection took place on Jan. 6 or insists that an election was rigged, in spite of zero legitimate evidence to back up such a claim?  

What happens to the GOP in the short run and in the long run , in your opinion?
Nixon would be a liberal today in the Crazy Party(Old Republican Party) but he was a crook simple as that.
No Kinsinger, Romney, or Cheney can't turn around the Crazy Party they worship one guy and that's it.
The only chance they have of ever winning another general election is keep the vote down and the Crazy Party Legislators step in and overthrow the election. They are and have passed laws right now to do all the above.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Thread for Progressives/ Libs / Moderates/ Never Trumpers... NO Conservatives Please! - by vector#1 - 05-27-2021, 10:50 AM