Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sexism in the U.S. Congress (and in government in general)
The Liz Cheney demotion got me to thinking about how men in Congress think of women. I do not think for a second that they consider their female colleagues as equals.  There's no way a Romney or a Kinsinger would have received the same disrespect shown Liz.   Let's face it, sexism is still prevalent  throughout every fiber of American society today and Congress is certainly no exception.  I mean, seriously, what did Liz do besides denounce Trump and refuse to lie about the Big Lie? She is a genuine conservative who stood up for democratic principles. One too many X chromosomes will get you replaced in the Grab Our Puntang.  Liz was a victim of toxic masculinity syndrome in today's Great White Grope party of Trump and Gaetz.  Same for Hillary; same for Elizabeth Warren( remember Trump's sexist  Pocahantus  reference and McConnell's "nevertheless, she persisted" comment?) .   There's no doubt sexism played a role in Liz' treatment by House Trumplicans.  

What do you think?   I'm sure we'll see at least three conservatives disagree with me.

Note: Nationwide, women still make only 82 cents for every dollar a man makes.  The thirteen states with the biggest gender wage gaps are red states. Also, the top six states as far as smallest gender wage gaps are blue states. Interestingly,  Liz' state of Wyoming has the largest gender pay gap of any state in the country, with Wyoming women making only 65 cents for every dollar their male counterpart makes.  It shouldn't come as a surprise that men in Congress, particularly those  representing these red states, probably don't view Liz Cheney as being on the same level of leadership worthiness as someone having a  XY   pair.