Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ?
(05-02-2021, 09:33 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:34 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 09:28 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:42 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: hooter, you worried your taxes are going up under the Biden plan?  

Most likely no.  And that will go for all of us fussing on BGR.
I'm not really worried so much about my own taxes going up, Twin Ticks. I care about this country and do not look forward to watching Democrats wreck our economy again with their foolish attempts to punish successful people in our society through confiscatory tax policies.
Big Grin
when was the last Democrats “wrecked” our economy?  In my lifetime Democrats have spent their time in office cleaning up the mess Republicans have left behind. 

That’s one hell of an understatement, “Successful people”, almost makes you sound dishonest and disingenuous.  Par for the course for you though.  

Biden’s new taxes apply after your first 400k.  And that’s around 3%.  
The big hit comes when you make 2.2 mill.  Confused The could lose almost 100k under a Biden tax plan.

Those poor people.  Barely making it by with 2.2 million and going to have give back that Trump TAX CUT from a few years ago. 

but you know all this.   Dodgy

Our greatest generations paid higher tax rates to build this nation back after a depression, a world war, and to fight a Cold War.  Essentially, we became the world’s only economic superpower.  

40 years of scaling back tax on the wealthy has very little to show at home and abroad: stalled wages, Discrepancies in education, failing infrastructure, and a slipping in the world stage.  

Republicans have cut taxes in every administration.  Dems will come back in and raise them but never to the previous level.  It’s been a viscous cycle or greed and cowardice from both parties.

I'll tell ya, nothing makes an unemployment employee seem more macho than a few choice cuss words thrown in here and there. Biden's new tax plan is not new at all. But it will hit the middle class in one form or another, not the least of which will be between the eyes in direct tax increases.

In Jimmy Carter's disastrous economy many Americans were pushed to very uncomfortable limits to keep a roof over their head and the lights on. The rest of them actually did lose their homes, and consequently their life's work. I know, I was there. Then came along Reagan who shot Carter out of the saddle after his miserable single term. And the economy improved so much during Reagan's tenure that his successor Bill Clinton, another not so truthful Democrat, got to take credit for Reagan's amazing legacy. Don't try to tell me no Dem has ever destroyed the economy.

It has been a vicious cycle between the two parties alright. Keeping the Keynesian mushrooms beat back has been a US recurring nightmare. Carter/Reagan. Obama/Trump. And here we are once again staring into history's abyss and trying to survive another wave, but this time there is something new. The twin tower idiocy of Global Warming and social justice. Setting aside the moral implications of social justice; We cannot just pass a bill to end the use of fossil fuels and simultaneously borrow trillions of dollars to rebuild a fantasy land green energy gird through which expensive and scarce energy will flow, and think the economy will not suffer. Thus the equation Biden/Who? is yet unbalanced. But the price tag in this latest round of liberal foolishness will mean that for most people, even after spending all they have and refy'ing their house to the max, the bank will wind up taking their home anyway. Then what?
"And the economy improved so much during Reagan's tenure that his successor Bill Clinton, another not so truthful Democrat, got to take credit for Reagan's amazing legacy."
This is the Biggest Lie so far from Commrade TRT(Besides the Big Lie) You give Reagan credit for Clinton success But you forgot one very important detail there was another president between Reagan and Clinton and his name is Bush Senior Which he had a recession after your boy Reagan left office. Now by your way of thinking Instead of Clinton enjoying the coat tails of Reagan he missed Bush Senior who after just a short 4 year term should sound familiar to you since that's exactly what happened to your Dear Leader. Now you might convince one of your Dear Leader's Sheep(not that bright to start with) with all the BS you are trying to peddle but that dog don't hunt with some of us.

Aw, Chester wants some attention. You, who's yet to post the first original thought on this forum calling anybody else not bright, is past laughable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
RE: President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ? - by TheRealThing - 05-02-2021, 10:12 PM