Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ?
(05-02-2021, 12:55 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Or possibly the endless parade of freebies is neither American, or what God intended. We are all born into a world where things are all not okay. There is by God's design, all manner of challenge and shortfall and there is a good reason for that. The Lord has given us an option to choose our way out of the madness, we just have to bow before Him in true repentance. In the beginning God warned the first man Adam, "In the day that you sin, you shall surely die." And even though there was only one rule, one thing on which Adam could not trespass, Adam sinned anyway. He ate of the forbidden fruit, fell from grace, and death entered into the world. And with sin came the curse.

Gen 3:17-19
17  “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it. All the days of your life.
18  Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.
19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken;For dust you are,
And to dust you shall return.”

I guess I must have missed it. But I didn't see anything there about people choosing not to work for their living, because it may have seemed in some way to be inconvenient for them, or undesirable, or whatever.

Didn't see free stuff at all: to include preschool expansion, or taxpayer funded healthcare, or federally mandated protracted paid leave for 6 or 8 reasons, or free college, or any of those benevolent freebies the left calls rights. We are to work, and provide for our families as best we can. We are to achieve at the personal level. Not for example, expect government to hold the collective citizenry hostage to the immoral whims of those who live promiscuous lifestyles on taxpayer 'funding.' And/or to further financially facilitate their consequence free lifestyles in the cases of their children who are lucky enough to avoid the surgeon's arsenal of life-taking-tools, but unlucky enough to have to grow up on their own on the streets, or in an institution, or in foster care, with even more tax funding.
Didn’t you beg for the govt. to bail out fossil fuels a few weeks ago, but God didn’t mean for a govt. to help citizens ?  Big Grin 

The freebies you’re referring to are happening anyway and will continue. 

But let’s focus on Uncle Joe’s. If you support workers wouldn’t you support childcare and elderly care?  How many people have to quit work because of those situations?  

You don’t support expanded preschool for all children in this nation?  What do have against meeting the educational needs of all children at an early age ?  Currently, some children don’t receive those services. 

Biden does not support free college.  This proposal is community college.  Several workforce training programs in community colleges.  I would have thought conservatives would support those blue collar educational opportunities. 

Safe water ?  You and God against that too?
Messages In This Thread
RE: President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ? - by Cardfan1 - 05-02-2021, 02:13 PM