Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 83 North Laurel 51
(03-06-2021, 11:14 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: It's just two losses and North Laurel is still a really good team and the best in the WYMT coverage area. Plus, not everyone has as much talent as Ashland and Lex Cath. Ashland had a better overall team than NL, but like others have said they caught fire and hit a lot of 3s. I could see NL beating them 3 or 4 times out of 10. Lex Cath was #1 and rightfully so. They play in arguably the second toughest region in the state and was undefeated until last night. They'll be tough for anyone to handle come tourney time. So I don't think NL should worry about Reed leaving or trying to add more guys. They have a really good team, but they just weren't 2nd ranked in the state and that's okay.

Good assessment.  NL  may have been ranked higher than what they're level of play this weekend may have dictated. However, they had earned that ranking and had beaten Cov. Cath and rolled over some other pretty good teams.  I still think if they can learn some things from this weekend and not let this destroy their confidence, they can still be one of the last four standing in March. They have a superstar and a good complement to that superstar. Not all teams are blessed with that.
Messages In This Thread
Lexington Catholic 83 North Laurel 51 - by Spud6 - 03-06-2021, 07:01 PM
RE: Lexington Catholic 83 North Laurel 51 - by Old School Hound - 03-06-2021, 11:30 PM