Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Basketball Sucks!!!
I'll always follow college basketball and love this time of year. Having said that, I follow the mid/low majors. My favorite D-1 team is Winthrop. I love seeing those unheralded teams beat those highly ranked teams/programs. Championship Week is a favorite of mine seeing those schools celebrate winning that automatic bid and just making the NCAA Tournament, they could lose by 40 in the first round but years later they'll still remember the excitement of just having an opportunity to compete at that level.

I graduated from Alice Lloyd, which is NAIA and while I didnt really appreciate that level of play as a student, I've came to love watching them play a few years after I graduated and now I never miss a game unless I absolutely have to. While its not glamorous, it is much pure because at that level you see more players there using the ball instead of the ball using them, if you will.

I cant help but laugh a little when I see people in the mountain regions complain about UK not "having any Kentucky boys" on the roster when Alice Lloyd's roster is a majority of Kentucky players, with a few from surrounding states on the roster. The NAIA isnt big time enough for most fans, but I think they are missing out on some good basketball.
Messages In This Thread
College Basketball Sucks!!! - by Old School Hound - 02-07-2021, 02:19 AM
RE: College Basketball Sucks!!! - by Jarons - 02-07-2021, 07:50 AM
RE: College Basketball Sucks!!! - by Van Hagar - 02-07-2021, 09:11 AM
RE: College Basketball Sucks!!! - by Van Hagar - 02-28-2021, 10:26 AM
RE: College Basketball Sucks!!! - by clipperw - 03-02-2021, 03:09 PM
RE: College Basketball Sucks!!! - by BlueSky - 03-02-2021, 04:40 PM
RE: College Basketball Sucks!!! - by clipperw - 03-02-2021, 06:00 PM
RE: College Basketball Sucks!!! - by Van Hagar - 03-02-2021, 08:45 PM