Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bands or Songs That You Overlooked and "Discovered" Years Later
(01-28-2021, 08:21 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: If we are talking underrated, let me throw the band I posted lyrics from above (I'll give you guys another day on that one), along with the great Canadian band Truimph.  "Magic Power" is another of my top ten all time rock songs, and the Allied Forces album is just great. 

(01-27-2021, 11:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 10:09 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: A band that was mainstream, but I didn’t care a lot about at the time, was Foreigner. But as I listened to more of their whole body of work over time, and since they are still out their doing it with Kelly Hansen taking over vocals from Lou Gramm, both great rock singers, I’ve really come to be a big fan. Mick Jones and the boys should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
I was kind of the opposite Van, loved them when I was a kid but they didn't hold up over time for me, everyone is different lol they were in my top 5 in their time...

Oh, I get it, that could be another whole thread, acts you've switched on.  For example, Aerosmith's first three albums were just fantastic, and while I'm glad they were able to make a comeback later, I sure wasn't as a big a fan of their "sober" material.
Agree 100% on Aeorsmith Van! To me their first 4 albums were fantastic. Then I remember being so excited to buy "Draw the Line" when it came out and I was never so disappointed in my life lol. Also LOVED Triumph's "Magic Power"
Messages In This Thread
RE: Bands or Songs That You Overlooked and "Discovered" Years Later - by jetpilot - 01-28-2021, 05:01 PM