Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bands or Songs That You Overlooked and "Discovered" Years Later
(12-14-2020, 01:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Heard this one about a year ago while leaving work. It will take you back to the late eighties when we were all listening to RATT , Scorpions, Whitesnake, and Poison on MTV videos(you know, back when MTV still played music).  For some reason, I missed this selection by Enuff Z Nuff but I've probably played it a couple hundred times the past year.  A melodic, piece of rock pop candy that makes you long for the eighties again.... FLY HIGH MICHELLE.

A couple more tunes that I only really started listening to the last three or four years.

The first one is by Alphaville and it speaks of the Cold War and the threat and fear of global annihilation.

The second one , oddly enough,  came at the end of the Cold War and the end of the Soviet Union -  a terrific anthem of freedom by the Scorpions.  "Mr. Gorbechev, Tear down this wall."  

Don't know how I missed these in my twenties . Must have had my head in a textbook or my mind on a girl.

Cold War and global annihilation is ok and all, I but love that song because it was in "Napoleon Dynamite" lol...great song.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Bands or Songs That You Overlooked and "Discovered" Years Later - by jetpilot - 01-26-2021, 09:01 PM