Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Trump Be Convicted in the Senate ???
(01-26-2021, 07:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 05:37 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:27 PM)vector#1 Wrote: More evidence against the Turd

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentag...d=msedgdhp

This thread foretells another sad situation of eating crow by our resident conservatives.

There are, unfortunately, a good number of senators who wouldn't vote to convict regardless of what evidence is revealed. No disrespect to some of our conservative friends  on here, but some of them would not vote to convict if they heard Donald say in his own voice that he meant to incite a riot in order to overturn the election results.  My mother would not vote to convict him if he had taken a gun to the Capitol and shot Pelosi and Pence. I suspect there are those on here that would be in agreement with my mother.
Do you think that every Democrat in the Senate would honestly vote to convict if a Democrat had given the same speech that Trump did and was being tried? The number of honorable men and women in Congress represents a small percentage of the total, regardless of party. You probably think there are more such people who are Democrats and I believe more Republicans fit that description, but the numbers are small and they grow smaller with every election, IMO. Most of the Senators will be voting based solely on how their vote will impact their careers and that reflects very poorly on our federal government.

Others, like Mit Romney will be voting to settle personal grudges against Donald Trump, who hurt Romney's feelings by insulting his presidential campaign. Anger and hatred should never prevent an elected representative from casting ethical votes based on facts and what is in the best interests of his constituents, state, and nation.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Trump Be Convicted in the Senate ??? - by Hoot Gibson - 01-26-2021, 07:37 PM