Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Male Rock Vocalists of All time
(12-20-2020, 06:04 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: You know, I’m ok with Freddy at #1, although at times he is a little too theatrical for me on tape, but was always fantastic live.  Elvis, well he was in a class by himself as THE white-guy pioneer, but I think his best vocals are actually on gospel songs. Plant is probably the best of the screechers, but I don’t know....Our guys are way underrated on that list.

RIDICULOUSLY underrated !  Paul Rodgers at #25 on any list of the greatest rock vocalists is an absurdity.   When Mercury, Plant, and Ann Wilson say Paul is their guy, that's enough for me.

Btw, Freddie was an unbelievable rock singer, incredible voice. I can see putting him up near the top of any list. But I am like you, Freddie was the guy that I think of when it came to charisma, stage presence, the ability to command an audience , a consummate performance artist, theatrics and all. But when I wanted to be kicked in the nuts and bowled over by a dude's signature rock godly voice, I would go with one of the three I mentioned.

Another guy that possessed the charisma, stage presence, and was a very theatrical performance artist in his own right  was Meatloaf.  I'm certain that Meat was influenced by Mercury.
Messages In This Thread