Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin County vs. Boyle County (4A State Championship)
(12-16-2020, 02:03 PM)TBO75 Wrote: From what I can tell Boyle has had a pretty weak schedule with an exception of their two district games against LC and they’ve only played two playoff games. Whereas Franklin has had to play Louisville Central twice with one outstanding win and a great game against JC. Though Boyle may have the better team on paper I think that Franklin’s strength of schedule gives them an edge in this one.

35-34 Franklin Co.

Don't know if I would say that Franklin has had a harder schedule.  Boyle has played CAL (56-21) during the year and the just lost in the Semi Finals.  Mercer Co. (51-7) who beat CAL and then lost to them in the playoffs.  Lexington Catholic (40-0) during the regular season and then in the playoffs (49-41).  Lexington Catholic beat Covington Catholic the week before is an upset.  

Franklin County lost to Central during the season 16-12.  So during the season I would say that Boyle had a little bit harder schedule than Franklin Co..  Now during the playoffs Franklin did have a little harder road than Boyle but I what helps Franklin is that they played all of their playoff games whereas Boyle has only played 2.  I would say Franklin has had a harder playoff schedule.  

There was only one common opponent between the 2 schools and the was Anderson Co. were Franklin won 55-0 and Boyle won 54-0.  As for the weak for the year I would have to say Franklin Co. but not by much.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Franklin County vs. Boyle County (4A State Championship) - by Rebel50 - 12-17-2020, 10:37 PM