Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bands or Songs That You Overlooked and "Discovered" Years Later
Are there musical acts that you overlooked or paid no attention to in your younger years but you came across them years later and thought, "How did I miss that" ?   Feel free to list either a band , a solo artist, or maybe a song that you discovered in recent years that left you wondering how you missed such a great tune.  Also, feel free to list an act that you knew well back in the day and didn't care for them much but time has changed your mind and now you are a fan.

I will start with a group that I only started listening to a few years ago, despite the fact that they had several hits in the '80's. For whatever reason, I just didn't pay attention to them back then. Too bad, because I would have liked them in my twenties as well as I do in my fifties.  Sadly, the lead singer with that distinctive voice passed away just a few weeks ago.   RIP  Tony Lewis .  Thirty five years after their terrific album, "Play Deep" was released, I am finally a big fan of .... THE OUTFIELD .

One of my favorite lyric to begin any song:   "You got me all screwed up."   I guess we can all relate to that lyric at one time or another in our life.

Messages In This Thread
Bands or Songs That You Overlooked and "Discovered" Years Later - by Old School Hound - 12-13-2020, 03:26 PM