Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who’s some players to watch for in 1a this year?
Gus McCrae Wrote:I think one young man should be mentioned in this conversation is the Thornsbury kid that transferred in. In watching film on hudl, he looks pretty quick at DT. He wastes no time getting into the backfield. His size is good, although he's listed height is deceptive. He looks shorter than listed, but again he's got some speed. If he plays like what i've seen, then there are some positives he brings to the table.
The kid is UBER talented. No question about it. With that said, I think he’s got a bit of an adjustment period ahead of him. He played in a 4-3 at Mingo. Pikeville runs a 3-4 most of the time. Judging from the film I watched. Mingo just turned Jacoby loose and let him use his athleticism to make plays. Coach Sullivan’s Defense is a much more assignment driven, technique oriented style of play that has very little room for “Freelancing”. Not saying Jacoby can’t flourish in this type of defense. He can and he will! Just gonna take some time is all...
Messages In This Thread
Who’s some players to watch for in 1a this year? - by HAIL PIKEVILLE! - 06-23-2020, 02:14 PM