Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My teams second game 70-90 players
Terry Sullivan Phelps 1971 scored 28 points in first round of Region.
Larry James Sheldon Clark 28 points scored in January 1987.
Robbie Russell MaGoffin County 31 points in 1985 season.
Clay Maynard Warfield scored 21 points vs. Inez in 1971 district against Inez.
Clay may have been first player i watched at Louisa gym with black Converse.
Keith Bradley Louisa 1972 scored 26 and 24 points invitational tournament.
Bill Newsome Betsy Layne scored 35 points in a upset in district. His 30 points led his team to a win 110-100 in SF of district.
Ervin Stepp on January 12,1980 scored 65 points in Phelps gym.
Dotson Phelps 1983 scored 28 points in district at Elkhorn City.
How many men in the Phelps and surrounding area with this last name that coached, officiated in the 15th, players of sports, built the gym and the school. But most importantlythat worked the mines for the coal that runs our electric and keeps our computers on.
The game will be played at the Logan Fieldhouse at 7pm on a friday. Then south to the Willaimason Fieldhouse for a saturday 7pm game.
Danny Moses Williamson, WVa. 1972. Danny was a Street & Smith 2nd team High School All American.
Richie Farmer Clay County 1988
Phil Cox Cawood 1981
Tim Stephens McCreary County 1976
Robert Mayhall Middlesboro 1973
Officials for the Logan game are Ancie Casey, Jerry Hurley and Omar, Wv official. Game at Williamson will have Ronnie Osborne lower Harlan County, Sonny Lawson, Barbourville and Ronnie Spears from Feds Creek.
With Eddie Sutton moving into the the Basketball Hall of fame his boy Sean Sutton played at a 16th region school. Dickie Hall and Ted Hall from Prestonsburg called the game. I realize that players, coaches, parents and fans have different thoughts during the Region battle their teams play in with regard to officials. Their names are part of the games.
Messages In This Thread
My teams second game 70-90 players - by wheeler - 04-07-2020, 06:01 AM