Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus
Genesis Chapter 3 recalls the Lord's account of the fall, and His punishment of man (Adam and Eve) for having broken the law by eating of the tree of knowledge. The ground from that point forward was to be cursed for man's sake, bringing forth thorns and thistles. Further, as the result of his sin Adam also brought death into the world.

The original sin is why we have disease and famine and hardship in this world. Man fell that day in Eden, but mercifully the Lord offers forgiveness through Jesus' death on the cross. Thankfully, when man repents and believes in His Son as Savior, he will be saved. There are a lot of folks asking their Pastor if the Lord visited this pandemic on people as some sort of punishment. Frankly though I doubt that to be the case, there are examples in Scripture of the Lord bringing about good and bad in a people's lives. I would not therefore presume to know the Father's actions. But I know I trust Him, because I know He loves men.
Deuteronomy 28:6-7 (KJV)
6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.

Jeremiah 16:9 (KJV)

9 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will cause to cease out of this place in your eyes, and in your days, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride.

In the verses above, we see both the promise of blessing and the pronouncement of judgment. On the one hand God promised 'to cause' blessing to come to His people in every way. Utterly destroying Israel's enemies from before them, and to drive them out of the land in terror. On the other, He pronounced judgment on His own people. It would be God Who would 'cause' the Jew now, to be driven out of the land. Further, mirth and gladness would cease, and the voices of the bride and bridegroom would not be heard. Pretty devastating to be sure. The difference? God blesses those who are obedient, but He judges those who disobey. He is Holy.

To be sure, it is heartbreaking to see the images of older folks bedridden because they have contracted the virus, and with a ventilator over their face. Certainly we know they are suffering terribly and very likely equally terrified and my heart goes out to them. I heard Vice President Mike Pence ask America to pray for this situation. I would hope we all feel it necessary to do so. Unfortunately though, according to God's Word there are things soon to come which will make this pandemic look like a skip in the park.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 03-17-2020, 06:06 AM
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 03-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 03-21-2020, 05:25 AM
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 05-10-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Corona Virus - by Calvin_Gordon08 - 12-29-2020, 11:56 AM
RE: Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 07-21-2021, 09:55 PM
RE: Corona Virus - by vector#1 - 07-22-2021, 11:31 AM
RE: Corona Virus - by Old School Hound - 07-22-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 08-06-2021, 02:33 PM
RE: Corona Virus - by vector#1 - 08-06-2021, 03:15 PM