Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Hensley Decommits From Harvard
We went to Harvard on a recruiting visit in 2011. They (Harvard) were very interested in my son and were sending him hand written recruiting letters weekly and were glad to see him visiting. He just didn't like the place and didn't like Boston so he didn't show them any interest back. We went to MIT as well while we were there and he was told to get his 33 ACT score up a bit because it needed to be higher. Boston and the area just didn't set well with him or us as parents. I can't blame the kid if he decided not to pursue that educational path. Just because it's Harvard doesn't mean it's the best place to attend for a kid. Centre College(45 minutes from home) also pursued him and we liked the coaches and the school, but, it would have meant going to school for five and half years for an engineering degree. 3 and half years at Centre if you want to play your senior year at Centre and 2 more at a technical college for engineering. They try to sell the "liberal arts" side of college claiming it's a well rounded education. Good luck to the kid and I'm glad that he made the adult decision to stay closer to home rather than attending a school that he likely wouldn't be happy at and then coming home after a year or so to find a place that suited him. My two boys went to St. Louis to college and both stayed the course there while playing football and got their engineering degrees in four years. That education and getting a degree in something that a person can make a living in is what counts. Not the amount of time playing football on the field. One of my boys started three years and the other all four by the way and they played for a guy and a school that they liked and both now have good jobs. That's what counts. Good luck again to the kid in what school he chooses and hopefully he will look at all angles with his folks.
Messages In This Thread
Jackson Hensley Decommits From Harvard - by Spud6 - 01-23-2020, 08:17 PM
Jackson Hensley Decommits From Harvard - by papagrit - 01-24-2020, 08:12 PM