Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64
The Eagle Knows Wrote:^
WOW what a statement, has Martin County sports become the tail wagging dog, they have their problems however so do other school sports programs.

There is only one Captain of a ship and with Martin County basketball the Captain is Head Coach Jason "JJ" James. I've always heard attitude effects behavior, not behavior effects attitude. In general, a coach's behavior / job is to build a team that can win games not to piss off a particular player, but it happens sometimes and coaches are human. No one player is bigger than the team.

I heard there is a morale problem with this team and it's being fueled by a couple players not the coach or the team. It's human nature for a parent or guardian to want the best for their child and they always feel their child is extra special, but when they encourage the child to walk out or quit, this behavior doesn't come the top, it come from home.

I went to the KHSAA website and the numbers for this team speaks volumes. Some players are shooting in the 56% made shots range while some are at 45% or less range which is a player problem also it effects their point totals, furthermore some players just take better shots than other players. Some players draw more fouls than other and some players just do better at the FT line than others. There wasn't a big difference in total shots taken by the leading scorers.

I've watched this team play and they could be really good but IMO they have to many people on the bench during the games. Assistant coaches can be good for a team and Martin County has one good one, but the extra "want to be helpers" are just a distraction to the players and killing this team.

If you are referring to "parents" being the tail and "the team" being the dog then I guess they have. I've been told that number 1's dad sits in the closed practices even though he isn't a coach anymore and number 5's dad sits in the stands and trash talks the other players when his son isn't on the court. Morale comes from adults. That includes parents and "The Captain". You say no one player isn't bigger than the team, but I guess when it's two players over the team that's ok? As soon as this group is treated as a team and not a supporting cast for two players they will start winning games. They are one of the most talented teams in the region.

I do agree about the assistant coaches. They all need to go except Parsley. The boys seem to listen to him more than the others and looked to play better when he was coaching them. One of the assistant coaches is rude and snide with the boys. His attitude is a Cancer really. He absolutely needs to go.
Messages In This Thread
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64 - by WinkWinkler - 12-22-2019, 03:36 AM
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64 - by ekywildcat - 12-22-2019, 04:08 PM
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64 - by Hambley - 12-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64 - by clipperw - 12-23-2019, 09:04 PM
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64 - by BallFan1952 - 12-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64 - by clipperw - 12-24-2019, 07:59 PM
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64 - by Basketballmom41 - 12-28-2019, 10:56 PM
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64 - by IntheZone - 12-29-2019, 04:57 AM
Bardstown 69 - Martin County -64 - by BallFan1952 - 12-30-2019, 12:27 AM