Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Coaches In Kentucky High School Football
Westside Wrote:I'm not criticizing your list, but I do have a question or maybe I should say an observation. Do you think you are sometimes tough on Belfry because you are from Belfry and you don't want to come across as a homer? I have felt that in the past. I think Haywood is number one. Beatty is obviously really good but given his resources, he should be.

I honestly try to be as fair as I can be when evaluating these things... I think I am more hard on Belfry sometimes because I am more familiar with them and some of their weaknesses or inefficiencies as well.

It is hard to argue against Mueller as being the GOAT based off his title dominance and most years doing so playing up in class. Him and Beatty also racked up titles in the old 4 class system which certainly helps in my eyes.

Haywood is definitely Mount Rushmore and the fact he has done it at middle of the nowhere Belfry deserves major bonus points. With that said, the six class system has been good to Belfry. I still think they have probably five or six titles now if it were 4-classes (including this year based off enrollment as I take Belfry in 2A), but this 17 year run of dominance definitely would look a good bit different.

What Haywood has done for a career is definitely one of the more impressive feats for a career as you will find anywhere in America for a school so small and a population density so limited.
Messages In This Thread
Top 5 Coaches In Kentucky High School Football - by EKUAlum05 - 12-10-2019, 07:23 AM