Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4 A Championship Johnson County Central 21 Boyle Co 20
BoltCoach9 Wrote:This morning is the last morning that I will ever pull that Central Speedflex out of his bag to clean it, to carry his pads & cleats outside to spray and disinfect them and wash his #1 jersey. This time has gone so fast, much faster than I anticipated or ever wanted. I wish I could live these moments for eternity but that isn't God's plan, for us, or for our children. When he was born, he had a large hemangioma over his left eye, it was very noticeable and deforming. Dr's assured us it would go away and we trusted that it would. He still laughed, he still played and to us it became invisible because we only saw what he was-our little boy. Folks would stare from time to time and some well meaning folks would ask "what's wrong with him?" My wife would bristle and fire back, "There's nothing wrong with him!" I've carted him to many camps and combines where he consistently performed in the top 5 of every measurable metric for QBs, only to be shuffled off to the side because he wasn't 6'4" or because he came from a school that wasn't a "spread team." On the rides home he'd ask, "What's wrong with me? Why does no one see me?" I didn't have an answer. We bought in to Coach Matney's style of play, knowing up front that Ryley's role was to manage the game and run the offense rather than put up gaudy stats. We knew, Coach Matney knew, that at any other school Ryley would throw 30-40 times a game because he was capable of being that guy, even at 5'11". Rather we chose to remain faithful to the people and communtiy that pay our bills and put food on our table. We were all in, and Ryley would be an Eagle till he graduated. So here we are, 2 Middle school state championships, 2 high school state championships and 2 state runner ups, a record of 54-6 as the QB for Johnson Central, state tying record for INT return for TD of 104yds, several local and regional awards for individual performance but always not quite good enough for most prognosticators to mention him among the states elite. To date he is our all time most accomplished QB in the 50yr history of Johnson Central for passing, rushing and scoring. His heart is champion, his mind is champion, his grind is champion. Exactly what he was raised to be- a champion. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to any member who has given my boy a compliment over the past four years, but an even bigger thanks to those who've overlooked him, doubted his ability and scoffed at his "meager" statistical portfolio. You helped fuel his grind & his drive to pursue his legacy with fire and I'm thankful for that.

This game was one for the ages. Boyle County, you have a special group of young men who will serve your community well in the years to come. Best of luck to all those Rebels, whether they head off to college or choose to stay at home and go to work. Raise your families in your hometown and be proud because you come from tradition rich, honorable, hard working set of people. You are Kentuckians and that makes you strong enough to accomplish anything this world throws at you. You are warriors, you are overcomers, you are exceptional.
So, farewell Bluegrass Rivals. It's been an awesome 4 years. Its on to baseball now for Mr. Preece. Go Eagles!!!

Thanks for sharing. I could tell in your post after the Belfry game you was a class act. Congratulation to your son and his team. He looked awesome last night.
Messages In This Thread
Class 4 A Championship Johnson County Central 21 Boyle Co 20 - by Bull got out! - 12-08-2019, 05:00 PM