Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4 A Championship Johnson County Central 21 Boyle Co 20
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Unbelievable team win for JC and hats off to Ryley Preece. Played a huge role in the clutch.

Thought Boyle’s decision making was borderline arrogant by their staff. As if they thought that there was no way JC could hang with them athletically and they kept going for big plays that simply were not there like they were used to.

Really fun game to watch and the better executing team definitely won.

You know I’ve kind of noticed the same thing the past two years. Very questionable coaching in both games. Chuck smith is a legend and has the titles to back it. But it’s almost like I’m close games- his ego maybe?- won’t let him adapt or change his game plan. I watched us shut their offense completely down last year with hardly no adjustment. Same plays over and over that we were completely shutting down and no change. This time, same homer run type plays, deep bombs to smith, In crucial moments and plays. He had two other GREAT WRs on the other side of the field. One of them basically kept them in this game tonight, but sparingly went to him even though he scored for them, and kept several drives alive and stopped the clock when needed.

Has smith fell victim to the psychology of it all? Meaning he knows he has a superior athlete in smith so he just keeps going to him and waiting for “it” to happen?
Messages In This Thread
Class 4 A Championship Johnson County Central 21 Boyle Co 20 - by Hound05 - 12-08-2019, 03:07 AM