Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Pike County Central @ 2A Breathitt County
BoyleCo Wrote:Breathitt is a scary good team for 2A. Collins is one of the best running backs in KY, O’Hara is one of the best athletes in KY, Slaughter and Weddle are top 50 receivers, and Long is a top 10-15 lineman. The Hogg kid is a really good Dlineman as well. You just don’t see that kind of talent in 2A. Somerset, Mayfield, and LCA have more complete teams but none have that many top players. Close but not so many. I predict Breathitt to make a run for a title. Those 4 teams will be close in 2A this year.

I don't think LCA has a player as dominant as Collins. Collins may be the best RB in 2A.

With that said, I would take the supporting cast of Barnhardt, Dearious Smith, Xavier Brown, Drew Long, and the Lebryck kid at LB as a whole for top level players.

Smith may be the best WR in 2A, Brown is one of the best all-purpose backs, Barnhardt is a Top 5 QB, Long may be the Defensive MVP for the class, and Lebryck is just a very solid LB.

I also like Somerset's group of Sheron, Grundy, Bruner, and Gilmore... when Miller was healthy I probably would take their collective skill group as well.

Mayfield and OCath also have some solid high end talent.

I do like Breathitt's best five over Beechwood's best five for sure.
Messages In This Thread
3A Pike County Central @ 2A Breathitt County - by EKUAlum05 - 10-30-2019, 05:47 PM