Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegrass Rivals Class 2A Rankings 9-30
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Can you explain your reasoning? I don't have a problem with you feeling that way but I don't really understand it. The Bunnies have crushed their competition but I don't think the competition is close to what the Cards have played with the only blemish being to a strong McCracken Co. I do admit after taking the L to McCracken I was glad they were not a #1 in hopes of it helping them focus their eyes on the prize

The only explanation is the obvious, ones undefeated and ones not. I agree 100% with you that Mayfield has played the tougher schedule. While Somerset has the weaker schedule they have done with that schedule what really good teams do, their leaving no doubt. That's my reasoning. Now whether it's right or not I dont know but that's just what I'm going off of. I think Somerset and Mayfield are neck and neck as to who is the best team in 2A right now.

I agree also that the lose Mayfield took was the best thing that could have happened to them. They dont have all that pressure from the media, and especially the fan base, of going undeafeated. I believe kids get caught up in the hype and gets distracted. It's better that it happened early rather than later on when there isn't another game if you get beat. Now they can refocus and they now know that they can get beat if they get complacent. I believe they'll be a better team for it.
Messages In This Thread
Bluegrass Rivals Class 2A Rankings 9-30 - by #55PirateFan - 10-01-2019, 05:55 AM