Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
26 Of 32 Texas High School Football Coaches Left Earn $100,000+
When I was head coach of a middle school team, I'm sure I lost money. I was paid $3,500 for the year which was obviously taxed. I was then given $150 bucks for the year to buy what I needed. I spent $300+ on belts, snaps, mouth pieces (guards) etc before the season even started. I then bought 5 footballs on my own and bought 6 water bottles. At the end of the year we had 13 players on the A team. Our principal gave me $150 bucks to take them to a steakhouse to eat. The bill was a little over $350 so I paid the difference. Then, I wasn't given an assistant. I had a friend help me. I gave him $500 bucks out my own pocket for his help. What was even more funny was at the end of the season we played in a bowl game and was given t-shirts for our players. One of our starters chose to miss the game so he could go deer hunting. He asked me at school the following Monday if he could have a bowl game T-shirt. I told him that we were only given enough for the players who played in the bowl game. A few days later his mom came to school and jumped me because she was mad that her son didn't get a T-shirt. She said our team made a lot of money and that somebody was stealing it. Out of our 8 game schedule, we had one home game simply because we didn't have a home field. I don't know where all the money she was talking about came from.
Messages In This Thread
26 Of 32 Texas High School Football Coaches Left Earn $100,000+ - by Westside - 12-19-2018, 01:57 PM