Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids from non football playing schools
killbilly usmc Wrote:Unless it's changed in the last decade, a kid can live in 1 county, and play for another if their home school doesn't offer football. Dated a woman that had 2 sons that lived in, and attended Lyon county, but they played football for Caldwell county. They where either elementary or middle school aged, she said they could attend Lyon county, and play for Caldwell, but that if they wanted to keep playing once they got in high school that they would have to attend Caldwell county high school. No I don't think personally you should be able to attend one high school, and play for another simply because you would have players on teams that are not counted towards that schools enrollment. Example would it be fair to other 2a schools if Caldwell County had 20 players playing for them in high school that attend Lyon county, and are not even counted towards their enrollment because they are enrolled at another school. I think you should have to attend where you play. I know a kid that plays for crittenden, but lives in caldwell, and his parents have to drive him to school in crittenden for him to play there, and that's the way it should be. Can't let kids play for a school if they don't attend that school, and get counted in enrollment, or you will open up a big can of worms.

I agree 100%. But if the rule allows it, it is what it is. Personally, I'm suprised we dont see or hear more of it.
Messages In This Thread
Kids from non football playing schools - by Scotty_Bronson - 12-16-2018, 08:38 PM