Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
26 Of 32 Texas High School Football Coaches Left Earn $100,000+
Westside Wrote:I saw this article online, and it is amazing at the difference in pay between states when it comes to high school football. I'm curious to who the good paid coaches in Kentucky are.

The latest report on Texas high school football coaching salaries is particularly timely, with the state playoffs entering the quarterfinal round this weekend. With that framework in mind, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram took a look at the salary of each coach still leading their respective teams in the Class 5A and 6A playoffs.

Given two divisions within each classification, that makes for 32 head coaches. And the results are pretty startling: Of those 32 coaches, 26 earn more than $100,000 per year, and the other six are very close.

Per the Star-Telegram, only one coach still alive in the playoffs has an annual salary of less than $90,000; Beaumont West Brook’s Eric Peevey, who is paid $86,000.

For the record, the two highest salaries both come from powerhouse programs out of Austin: Lake Travis’ Hank Carter is paid $158,512 while Westlake’s Todd Dodge earns an even $150,000.

Terry Gambill, the coach at Super 25 No. 1 ranked Allen, earns $125,365 per year, only the third-highest in Class 6A Div. 1 and sixth highest across both divisions of Class 6A.

Full Article At the link below.

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/twenty-six-...fExvb-77ig
Which one of these coaches should my school try to hire? Smile
Messages In This Thread
26 Of 32 Texas High School Football Coaches Left Earn $100,000+ - by pjdoug - 12-09-2018, 03:12 PM