Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6
[quote=smoke1015]Don't know man...always been like that here in Casey, and still see it. Not enough guys getting involved in the elementary school levels I think and really going hard to recruit them. I think sometimes parents don't get involved in helping build up an elementary team because they see another player as a potential "threat" to their own child's position. All kinds of things, but mainly I guess boils down to a non football culture, non sports, and just plain ol' #**king lazy! If you know coach Marples, ask Sam how bad Casey used to be, and was when he first started playing. It was way worse than that before he started playing, and then was that way still during some of his time coaching here. I think it boils down to culture, and then parents unwillingness to let kid's be coached. But the teams like Bell, Corbin, Boyle, Danville, and I hate to say it, Mayfield, and those other "Yankee counties" (lol), have that culture where the dad is going to throw his kid on that field if he has to beat him with a stick, and he will basically tell his son what the coach says is what he WILL DO, and, "son, you will NOT QUIT, ANYTHING you start,

The problems that these schools face is 2 fold: football has a slight downward sparrow right now in our country based on the amount of parents that hear nothing but horror stories out of the NFL. So, fewer kids are coming out not to mention the competition football has with a gaming system. Then at a place like Jackson you have the cultural issues (that smoke spoke of) that is a struggle in any programs if things are let go. Ever heard the statement "it takes a village to raise a child" well it takes a community to run a football program. FUNDAMENTALS have to be taught from 5th grade up so that the confidence thats needed to play this great game allows these young men to compete on a higher level and we all know competition breeds success. So unfortunately this script will repeat itself for many years to come and these flags will continue to wave :igiveup: which is very sad for the kids that invest their time. JMO
Messages In This Thread
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6 - by Westside - 09-22-2018, 08:43 AM
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6 - by smoke1015 - 09-22-2018, 09:01 AM
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6 - by E's Army - 09-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6 - by Rip/Spin - 09-23-2018, 01:03 AM
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6 - by smoke1015 - 09-23-2018, 05:29 AM
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6 - by smoke1015 - 09-23-2018, 07:49 PM
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6 - by Yogi - 09-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6 - by smoke1015 - 09-27-2018, 10:00 PM
Casey County 43 Jackson County 6 - by Trenches07 - 09-28-2018, 03:16 PM