Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
104,000 New Mining Jobs Created Since President Trump's Election
TheRealThing Wrote:And as I pointed out repeatedly, the media world does not exist just to back up your off the wall opinions. SourceWatch certainly doesn’t, and makes the case for 174 thousand coal mining jobs. But you stick to the Hoot Gibson number, no way SourceWatch has it right if you say there’s only 50 thousand.
I have shown where the 104,000 number originated in great detail, TRT. Nobody but you has claimed that 104,000 coal mining jobs have been created since Donald Trump was elected. Nobody has made such a claim because it is not true.

Mining jobs, coal mining jobs, mining-related jobs, and coal-mining jobs are phrases that all have different meanings. You inserted the word "coal" into the official number of jobs created since Oct. 2016, as compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That is not my number, that is the Trump administration's number, as it was reported in The Hill article that you cited as your source for new "coal mining jobs."

Nothing that you quoted from SourceWatch, the website supported by George Soros, the Tides Foundation, and other radical left wing groups, is remotely related to the claim that you made.

You took an accurate report of the number of mining jobs created since Donald Trump's election, which was contained in a BLS monthly jobs report, and misrepresented it by taking poetic liberties with the facts. You're no poet, TRT.

As President John Adams said, "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
Messages In This Thread
104,000 New Mining Jobs Created Since President Trump's Election - by Hoot Gibson - 09-16-2018, 09:12 PM