Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyatt Battaile of Pikeville commits to UoL
Starbucks Wrote:I wish Wyatt all the best....whether it is at Morehead, Louisville etc. Very few people understand what a D1 athlete truly is.....The time, the commitment, the effort and the level of competition on a daily basis. I would love to see one of our "mountain" boys have a "successful" four year career.....Having said that.....When was the last time that it happened? Once again....I wish Wyatt the best..Time will tell. Good Luck young man!
Go look up Justin Johnson, JR Vanhoose, John Pelphry, the young man at NC State that's from Knott County, etc. All played D1, all had good careers. I don't know what you define as successful, but for me, it's getting a degree. Playing time is SO competitive, since you can only have 5 at a time on the court, so I don't focus solely on that or points scored. If they go contribute, get their degrees, and become productive members of society, that's a successful career to me. I'm positive I've missed some. I didn't include some who started off D1 but transferred ( Todd May, Elisha, etc) because that was the point. But I DO include them in that group as well.
Messages In This Thread
Wyatt Battaile of Pikeville commits to UoL - by PHSForever - 06-14-2018, 05:34 PM