Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 (3A State Championship)
Cat Daddy Wrote:[quote=Lake Trash]You got smoked! It could have been much worse. The penalty yards against BC were much greater than against Corbin. BC was the better team by a bunch

Boyle was the superior team, but two critical calls went against Corbin, that would have made the game more competitive, in my opionion. The missed call on the touchdown before the half, was a momentum killer. The kid caught the ball, as he crossed the goal line, but it was ruled incomplete. This would have made it a one possession game going into halftime. The second call that went against the Hounds was the third quarter interception that was ruled an incompletion. Clearly this was an interception, and another momentum killer. At the end of the day, Boyle was the better team, but I disagree with your statement that Boyle was the better team by a bunch.

Actually I agree with the first call. It was a Corbin TD.

The INT was incomplete. A twitter pic shows ball hitting ground.

The calls would have made the score a little closer is all. Boyle kneeling on the last play kept it closer too.
Messages In This Thread
Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 (3A State Championship) - by Hatz - 12-02-2017, 06:17 PM