Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 (3A State Championship)
Wildcat45 Wrote:Corbin was no match for Boyle, and they didn’t help themselves either... Never seen a team so dedicated to swings and screens when they were obviously not working... thought they should’ve used the wheel more than they did... Also did not understand why they went back to passing in the red-zone on the drive that they overthrew a wide open WR around the 5 and got bailed out when the DB dropped the pick... next play the big fella runs it up the gut for 10 yards while dragging defenders for 5 of them... let the big dog eat... 3rd and goal from the 6 and they threw a pass 3 yards behind the LOS which obviously did not work... another thing I thought was odd was when they cut the lead from 19 to 13 after the kick return, why would they not go for 3 there? Could’ve cut it to 11 rather than 12... anyone who understands football should’ve realized that they could’ve gotten the conversion which would’ve allowed a FG to cut it to 8 (one score game)... even if they failed on the conversion, it didn’t change the fact that 2 TDs would’ve taken the lead... coaches gotta be on top of that... Did Corbi have an argument on a couple of plays? Probably.... would’ve seen 2 challenges by Corbin if those were allowed in high school... Congrats to Boyle, the obvious champion... Their line opened up huge holes and no one could man up with 15... no way I would’ve manned up against him without a free safety over the top

Good analysis.

Does Corbin not have a reliable FG Kicker? Turned down at least 6 points there.

I too wondered why they didn't try to run more in the Red Zone but to be honest Corbin got a few good running plays but for most of the night they couldn't run vs Boyle's Defense. Take away one long run of 41 yards by Estep and Corbin rushed for 78 yards on 22 carries. Not a very good average.

Thought Corbin played hard throughout the game, just could not keep up with Boyle's offense.
Messages In This Thread
Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 (3A State Championship) - by Hatz - 12-02-2017, 03:40 PM