Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4A Regional Championship: Wayne County @ Louisville Western
Western has a very good football team, that has won seven in a row going into Friday night and two of their four losses were by one point each, so this will be a hard-nosed get after it type of football game. As basically with any championship game turnovers, field-position battle and those types of things will be key. Looking at the Louisville CJ article they remind me a bit of Central as it all starts with an aggressive and swarming defense. Having said all that I do think having roughly 15 guys that have started in a regional championship game and half those have started and won two regional championship games should give Wayne a big experience edge. Wayne County is the favorite but you have to line up, execute and play 48 minutes. The team that does that the best will win, the team that doesn't will empty their locker room.
Somebody mentioning Knox Central, which I'm a fan of the job their coach did this season, please understand that game was running clock the entire second half and 51-7 at one point, so no need to compare scores, as the only score that matters we'll see at around 10 pm Friday night.
Go Cards!
Messages In This Thread
Class 4A Regional Championship: Wayne County @ Louisville Western - by Fan of Jewell Field - 11-14-2017, 07:11 PM