Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braxton Beverly Ineligible at NC State
Thanks for beating me to it there Gut. And to cj2561, I'm not saying nothing goes on at U.K., but I would bet the house Calipari has been clean, and I'm not a fan of Cal the game coach or the one and done system. But Cal, knowing the microscope he would be under, has hit on the perfect solution. Get the best high school players, turn them into millionaires after one year, then just tell the next group to come on down, the Price is Right. Do I think they are taking advanced Physics classes? Of course not, but I will bet you they do take legit classes, Sandy Bell the compliance officer at U.K., whom everyone seems to walk lightly around, would never allow it any other way. Do they withdraw in the spring semester after basketball is over? Probably so, don't really care for that but it's the system in place right now, until the NBA does the smart thing and goes back to being eligible for the draft straight out of high school that's what we are stuck with.

As for Gut's comment about suing the NCAA, I think his point is, it's an obsolete entity that hands out penalties with no rhyme or reason or an ounce of common sense attached to them, which come to think of it just makes them a national version of the KHSAA. It's time someone or some school called them on it just to see what might happen.
Messages In This Thread
Braxton Beverly Ineligible at NC State - by Van Hagar - 10-15-2017, 09:23 PM
Braxton Beverly Ineligible at NC State - by Spud6 - 11-02-2017, 12:01 AM