Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulling a Team off the field because of the Officials
Blacksmith Wrote:I know a long time ref. About 25 years exp. he's pretty fed up. He said kids have gotten very disrespectful and coaches have gotten worse. He said if you throw one out they just ends up causing more problems than it solves because no one will back the refs anymore. Not my words just a tired refs I guess

I would say that is 100% correct, but at the same time I know plenty of coaches who frequently get officials in their games who have no idea what's going on. They'll be the first guy walking around before the game to make sure no one has a helmet visor that's too dark, or that an arm sleeve passes inspection, but doesn't understand what a late hit is. Or can't see the player who was brought down by their face mask. I've seen games decided by missed calls late in the game, by the same guys who are making sure the coach doesn't step one toe off of the sideline.

Officials deserve respect from players, coaches and fans. But, players, coaches and fans deserve an overall better product being put out around the state. Officiating is hard, and for the money they get, you aren't going to find many people willing to do it. But, on all sides, it has to be done better.
Messages In This Thread
Pulling a Team off the field because of the Officials - by TheHotSnakes - 08-15-2017, 03:32 PM